We are happy to introduce Attorney Diane Oraif at Shabani & Associates, P.C. Having served as both a criminal prosecutor and in private practice for immigration and removal defense means that she has what it takes to make you feel confident when going against ICE or other government charges. Attorney Oraif is licensed to practice law under the State Bar of Alabama (since 2009), and admitted Nationwide to practice in immigration Courts.
Attorney Oraif has sensitivity in family based immigration cases and in cases where trauma is involved to help you with Asylum, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS), domestic violence, divorce, and child custody.
Attorney Oraif decided to go to law school after becoming interested as a young woman in practicing immigration law while she was in Guatemala with a particular soft spot in her heart for the disadvantaged. She has traveled to other countries and many of her family members in close generations are immigrants. Attorney Oraif has been active in American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), AILA Mid-South Chapter, AILA Georgia-Alabama Chapter, New Member Committee AILA, EOIR Committee AILA. Her former activities include Federal Northern District of Alabama, Volunteer Lawyers Association, Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Tuscaloosa County Bar Association, American Bar Association, and The National Trial Lawyers Trial Lawyers Academy
- Numerous statements and interviews on broadcast media. Syrian refugees: Immigration attorneys call Gov. Bentley’s move to refuse Syrian refugees ‘a political stunt’ https://www.wbrc.com/story/30532904/immigration-attorneys-call-gov-bentleys-move-to-refuse-syrian-refugees-a-political-stunt/
- Immigration crisis in Alabama 2012 – Quoted in Journalism, magazines, and newspapers. Ministers discuss immigration law in Holt. https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/DA/20110823/News/605310229/TL
- Talks on immigration at churches, park events
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama (B.S. Degree)
- Birmingham School of Law, Birmingham, Alabama (Juris Doctorate 2009)