EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program | Shabani & Associates

EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I qualify for the EB-5 Immigration through Investment Program?

The investor is not required to have prior business experience, speak English, or demonstrate a minimum level of education. The only requirement is that the investor has the required net worth and capital.

If I get a green card do I have to live in the U.S.?

You may live and work in your home country as long as you travel to the U.S. every 180 days and keep a U.S. domicile. If you choose to live in the U.S., you may live anywhere in the country. That means you have the freedom to send your children to school in the U.S. or move to the U.S. with them.

Can I travel?

A green card holder is entitled to travel freely for less than 180 days at a time outside of the U.S.

Does my family get a green card if I invest in the U.S.?

If you qualify as an immigrant investor, you may sponsor your immediate family, which includes a spouse and all unmarried children younger than 21 years-old. All members are granted a conditional green card upon approval of the I-526 and admission to the U.S., and all are eligible to apply to remove the condition after 2 years.

Can I sponsor my child who is 21 years-old or older?

While you cannot sponsor a child who is 21 years-old or older under your own I-526 petition, you may gift that child the required investment funds in order for the child to apply individually as an immigrant investor. The child is then free to attend U.S. universities and may qualify for resident tuition benefits.

Investment opportunities carry risk. Investments may lose some or all of their value and may become worthless. This information, and summary do not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities or any other investment fund. We recommend you retain your own tax attorney and financial advisor regarding profitability of the EB-5 investment and its tax consequences. We recommend you retain independent real estate and/or business counsel to review any offer to buy securities or any other investment fund.

Do You Need Immigration Assistance?

Feel free to get in touch with any enquiries and one of our friendly members of staff will get back to you as soon as possible

Your Name*

Your Email*

Phone Number


Translate »